The agencies and consulting service businesses who are able to create and grow monthly recurring revenue (MRR) efficiently do so by packaging their services into retainers.
Agencies with the highest margins on those retainers are the those working very closely with the software companies they have chose to be a "preferred partner" or "Implementation Partner" for. We're not talking about scaling affiliate revenue in this course. We mean building something scalable by working closely with the software who are setup to help you grow your business with referrals, incentives, added support and tremendous co-marketing opportunities.
You are an anyone selling contracted services which require software. You could be any of the following:
- Marketing / Design / Development Agency
- Software Implementation Specialist
WHO ARE YOUR INSTRUCTORS?
Leading agency founders who have strategically chose, nurtured and optimized their relationships with software providers to scale MRR.
|Alex Bass - Founder of CyberBytes, Copper/PandaDoc/Zapier/Reply partner.|
|Scott Gellatly - Founder of Scale My Empire, Copper/Mavenlink partner.|
|Amanda Nielsen - Former Head of Partners at New Breed, Hubspot partner.|
|Nicholas Scalice - CEO of Earnworthy, Unbounce/Google Apps partner.|
|Rachel Jacobs - VP of Agency Partners at Partner Programs.|
|Gabriel Margulio, CEO of NEXTINY, Hubspot/Wistia/Databox/CallRail/SeventhSense partner.|
|Jessica Minasian - CEO of Magnetic Hype, Marketo partner.|
|Mark Colgan - Founder of Yellow O and CRO of TaskDrive, Pipedrive/Drift partner.|
<<< Please SHARE if you see the value!!!
StartHow to Define Agency Positioning - Rachel Jacobs Class 1 (34:06)
StartBest Practice Sales Process for Agencies - Rachel Jacobs class 2 (65:05)
StartHow to Move from Selling Time to Selling Value - Jessica Minasian (48:13)
StartCRO and Lead Generation for Your Agency - Rachel Jacobs Class 3 (37:30)
StartGuide to Building Your Agency Retainers - Rachel Jacobs Class 4 (63:48)
The team and I have poured weeks into this 13-part course collaborating with 8 of the most successful implementation partners / software resellers to guarantee you are hearing an assortment of strategy and tactics straight from the source.
Here are some of the assets you receive:
- [Checklist] Define your agency retainer offering.
- [PDF Guide] Define your agency positioning.
- [PDF Guide] Managing Client Expectations.
- [Checklist] Selling Time vs Selling Value.
- [Checklist] How to pitch retainers.
- [PDF Guide} Scaling your retainers.
- [PDF] Retainer proposals.
- [XLS] Price comparison sheet.
Here is a preview of what this course covers:
Amanda Nielsen's How to Choose a Software Partner
This class hosted by Amanda Nielsen, a demand generation marketer and former Partner Marketing Strategist at one of the top agency resellers in New York.
In this class Amanda focuses on one of the age-old partnership questions: How to choose a software partner, including:
- Five types of partnerships and the unique benefits each will bring to your MRR strategy
- How to measure your success, from tracking software, referral codes and goal setting
- Which KPI's you should be recording, such as leads generated, pipeline influenced, and backlink metrics
- How and when to attribute and compensate partners
Scott Gellatly - Transition to License Selling
Scott Gellatly has spent the last five years helping SME’s systemize their sales for more conversions and increased scalability through his tech platform Scale My Empire. In this course on creating a recurring revenue model for your agency with software, Scott will be giving his insight on the different types of partner tier models, optimizing your retainer models, and nurturing the relationships you build with software providers through those models. Scott is a master at communicating the “why” of recurring license revenue and how it will help your agency and will help you fully understand topics like:
- Which partner model is right for your agency and choosing between co-selling, reselling, and referral/affiliate models
- Optimizing your retainer models with the right software
- How to upsell software by using products that integrate directyl with your hook software
- Nurturing and maintaining the relationship with the software partner depending on which partner model you choose
Rachel Jacobs's - Creating & Selling Retainers
Rachel Jacobs has provided here expertise on setting up and selling retainers. As an expert in the field of partnerships, Rachel will help you with laying the foundations you need for setting up a successful retainer program. Throughout her lessons you will learn the essentials on
1. Positioning your agency as trusted advisor that can help clients achieve their goals
2. The sales process for selling retainers, including qualification, proposals, and follow-ups
3. How to boost leads for your eCommerce agency by leveraging your network, creating a referral program, and building strategic partnerships
4. What to include in your agency retainer and ways you can bring value to your clients
5. Ways to price your retainer, such as hourly, project-based, time-based, and value-based
6. Using case studies to set yourself apart from other agencies and showase your skills
Jessica Minasian - Selling Time to Selling Value
Jessica Minasian is the Chief Automation Architect at Magnetic Hype, an automation consulting agency, and an expert on selling retainers.
In this course Jessica provides a 14 day play-by-play for getting better retainers and moving from selling your time to selling your value! Get strategy tips on:
- Initial Meetings
- Conversation Milestones
- 4 Ways to Wow at the End
Mark Colgan - Software Presentations for Agnostics Referral Partners
Mark Colgan joins us for this class to share his experience scaling MRR through proper Software Presentations as an Agnostic Referral Partners. Before assuming his current position as Chief Revenue Officer at TaskDrive, Mark ran highly-profitable agency where he partnered with SaaS companies like Pipedrive and Drift to achieve a respectable 5-digit MRR.
In this class Mark will go through all the elements you need to build an effective software presentation for agnostic referral partners, including:
- How to showcase software you’re agnostic to so your client trusts you and makes a decision based on your research
- What change management is and how it can prolong or prevent implementation
- How to go about implementation depending on the skill set within the agency
- Using the “before-after-bridge” to present your recommendations and solutions
- Explaining pricing and showing price comparisons
Alex Bass - Maintaining Multi-Tiered Agency Retainers
Alex Bass joins us for a lesson on tying tech partnerships into a retainer model and maintaining multi-tiered agency retainers.
His insight comes from 10 years of running CyberBytes, a Copper CRM consulting partner. Through the years he implemented software systems to streamline internal business processes, saving the company tens of thousands of dollars per year in saved productivity. CyberBytes Inc. is now one of the preferred integration consulting partners for Copper CRM.
In this course we discuss:
- How to analyze your current reseller partnership/affiliate relationships
- Determining the percentage of ARR resulting from your partnerships
- How typical referrals work for CyberBytes
- Communicating your tiered packages and the service offerings at each tier
- Maintaining value between growth and flat months
- Adding integration help and support into your retainer
- Building a relationship with people at the software provider
- Selling on a management and/or build package/retainer
- Helpful backend tools for billing and sending proposals
Nicolas Scalice - Onboarding & Nurturing Software Referrals
Getting a partner in board is one thing, but nurturing them is another. Nicholas Scalice has vast experience reselling software like Zapier, ActiveCampaign, and Pipedrive, which he uses at his company Earnworthy to help brands convert website visitors into leads and customers.
He’s here to give examples on how to nurture partners to ensure low attrition and build more value in the SaaS you’re reselling.
- The lead process and how to work with a client who is already using SaaS like Unbounce
- Managing an account when the client purchases the software and makes you an admin
- Selling retainers and providing clients with referral links
- Nurturing clients through reporting, calls, emails, and meetings
Gabriel - Creating Sticky Retainers Using Your Software Partnerships
Gabriel is a co-marketing genius. He has done more with his software partnerships than anyone I have ever known. You may have seen his Wistia Soapbox promotions or his "Coffee Talks" videos. In any case, he and his team have optimized his stack to the hilt.
In Gabriel's course, you will learn:
- Why partner with SaaS
- Nextiny's stack
- How to create a "Sticky" partner stack
- How to develop the ideal partnership
If you have any further questions before enrolling, reach out to me directly: [email protected]
Founder of PartnerPrograms.io